[ A Open University is where regular classes are not conducted and here is no classroom teaching. However we compensate this by offering you various other inputs. As Open University learner you gradually break away from dependent learning & move on to independent learning. Do not get worried about this we'll help you in this regard during the course of your program. What we need is your co-operation in terms of your regular studies. ]
[ We can provide you high quality previous question papers solutions with highly important exam material for coming exams. Our books are know by the name of GPH ( Gullybaba Publishing House ), we update our books once a year. They are different from text books & they are teacher in-built self-learning material which are widely appreciated. These are specially prepared using various theories of learning & teaching. To know details you can browse the IGNOU Books menu in our site. ]
- Give due importance to objectives & structure of the lesson.
- Develop a broad idea of the lesson.
- Go into the details of the topics - by careful, critical & in depth reading.
- Relate the diagrams, tables, data & examples given to the main ideas presented.
- Identify the key ideas within a paragraph or a section.
- Do not skip self-assessment & questions as they help you to recall the points you have studied.
- Read the summary. This will help you recall the ideas presented in a unit.
[ IGNOU provides face to face sessions between learners & counselors at study centers / program study centers to clarify doubts & answer academic queries. This is called academic counseling. ]
[ By attending these sessions you can enrich your learning. Further, they would be very useful to: share your views on the subject with your counselors & fellow learners; Comprehend some of the complex ideas / concepts are difficult issues discussed in your materials & get clarifications for many of your doubts which you would not otherwise try to raise. ]
[ Your SC / PSC will conduct the counseling sessions & the counseling schedule will be sent to your address by post. Normally, counseling will be held on weekends between January & May; & then between July & November. ]
- Do not expect teaching.
- Integrate counseling schedule into your study plan.
- Read relevant portions before attending counseling.
- Note difficult portions, concepts for clarifications & discussions with counselors.
[ Attending Practical Sessions are Compulsory. Your SC / PSC will conduct the hands-on-training / practical sessions & the practical schedule will be sent to you by post. You can derive maximum benefits from these sessions if you can prepare for the practical before & outside the lab hours. ]
[ You should submit the assignment responses at your SC / PSC as per the date mentioned in the assignment date given by the study centre. If you have requested for change of RS / SC / PSC you should submit assignments as the old SC / PSC till the records are changed and you receive the intimation to this affect. ]
[ No. You have to do the non-submitted assignments for the current academic year. All the assignments submitted earlier will be carried forward. This is applicable, if you extend your study year. ]
[ You can approach your SC / RC / friends. For some program you can download from IGNOU Website. ]
[ No. You cannot improve an assignment grade after getting pass grade / marks. Re-doing of assignment is possible only if you fail or if you do not get overall passing grade / marks. However, for getting overall assignments grade, you may opt for improving assignment grade. ]
[ The University Conducts Term-End Exam twice a year normally in June & December. You must check with your program guide to know whether you are eligible to take you TEE in June or December and for which courses. Getting admitted for a program or registering for particular semester / year does not mean that you can sit for examination automatically. It is mandatory that you apply for the exam in the prescribed format to sit for the examination. ]
- Applying through TEE form is mandatory to sit for the exam.
- IGNOU do not charge separately any exam fee.
- To appear for TEE first you must have completed the minimum duration after registration for the course.
- You should send the TEE form provided in your program guide duly filled to The Director, SRE Division, IGNOU, New Delhi 110068 before the last date.
- You can also submit TEE form through IGNOU website. We Suggest to fill the form as soon as possible to avoid last minute traffic load on the server. Its very easy to fill the online form. If u fill online do check your confirmation after 24hrs.
[ The examination date sheet is displayed 5 months in advance at your RC / SC / RSC notice board. You can also see from IGNOU website or www.Gullybaba.com website.]
- Your enrolment number is your roll number for the examination.
- After you submit the examination form, you will receive the intimation slip from SRED, a week or 10 days before the start of exam.
- Keep postal proof of having sent the exam form before the due date & you can approach RC in case you do not receive the intimation slip a week before the start of exam.
- Without intimation slip and your IGNOU student ID card you cannot appear in the exam.
- If you lost the ID card then approach your regional center with FIR of Lost card, Rs. 100 DD, and some identity and address proof to get new one.
[ At IGNOU, only re-totaling facility is available against payment of rupees 100/- per course by means of DD in favor of IGNOU, New Delhi within 2 months from the date of declaration of results. ]
[ The the last date for submission of assignments are written on the assignment question papers. Generally the last date for submission of assignments is 30th April for Jan-semester and 31st October for July-semester. All assignments are to be submitted to the study centre. ]
[ To change your study centre or to change the region you have to apply in plain paper to The Regional Director, IGNOU Regional Centre. The copy of the same letter to be sent to the under mentioned persons: (1) The Director(SR & E), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068, (2) The Regional Director of the new Region, (3) The Co-ordinator of the new study centre and (4) The Co-ordinator of the current study centre. Normally it takes about 4-5 weeks time to change the region/study centre. ]
[ The registration of course in MP is valid for 2 years which means you can avail 4 Semesters. If you cannot clear the Course within 2 years then you have to re-register for the same course on payment of course fees.
The registration for MCA programme is valid for 7 years. However, the practical classes are not renewable. If you want to repeat your practical then you have to pay 50% course fees to the regional centre. ]
[ (1) You can attend the theory classes of the semesters which you did not attend before without paying any extra fees but you have to inform the Co-ordinator about it.
(2) The practical classes are not renewable. You have to pay the fees depending on the credit of the subject to the Regional Centre for which you want to repeat the practical. To appear in Term-End practical Exam you must have 75% attendance in practical. ]